last sunday, hubby and i decided we would check out the new eastwood mall to see what all the hype was about. we heard that the cinema was peachy and resolved to watch angels and demons there. we found only a couple of seats left at cinema 7 all of which were front row so we decided to just get seats at another hall.
cinema 7 was labeled ultra, although i dont exactly know why its called that as i lost interest in asking the girl behind the counter because she obviously was just interested in selling me our tickets already as she looked like she was too engrossed in her conversation with another ticket girl -dont you just hate it when people behind the counter are like that?! i did see that it only had a few seats as shown by the monitor when we tried to reserve seats. anyone know how different this cinema hall is from the others? lazy boy seats maybe?
anyway, when we entered cinema 4 we saw that it was much smaller than the ones we usually go to in rockwell. as i sat in our middle choice seats, i realized that the small cinema hall was very nice, red plush walls, seats that recline to a certain degree, and nice new floors! it was placed at the top of my list of where to see good movies.
after a satisfying trip to the cinema, hubby and i decided to have dinner, it was a toss up between mythai and flying pig and because the weather was too hot for spicy food, we decided to follow our carnivore instinct and headed to flying pig.
it had a laid back ambiance with quirky posters on the walls
we ordered sashimi because i was craving for raw fish
this was not exceptional really, the maguro was not the melt in your mouth kind, but hey, i ordered fish in a pork restaurant so i was very forgiving
the sashimi plate called a duo, had a teriyaki laden maguro portion which was…well, different definitely, but nothing i would crave for
we also ordered ilocandia carbonara, as hubby was craving for white sauce pasta
this was warm and creamy with a slightly unorthodox taste, we realized it was probably the the famous sausage from the north and hence, the name ilocandia carbonara…again, it was different but not a wow
for the main dish of the meal, we ordered a half slab of baby back ribs in honey and pomegranate basting with cheddar mashed potato on the side
the rack was meaty and the flavor tasty but it was not the fall off the bone i had imagined it to be. although it didnt really state in the menu “fall of the bone baby back”, i had just expected that it would be a standard. the dish was not bad but far from exceptional either.
now comes the saddest part of dinner…
i always want to try new restaurants’ desserts, but with the mediocre dishes hubby and i tasted, we decided to just make a safe choice of creme brulee (although ive heard, its not really easy to make this).
hmmm, looks good i thought, but the goodness just stayed in my thoughts…
the plain creme brulee was bready, full of holes and had water in it as if it had been in the fridge for quite some time *tearful*
the chocolate creme brulee had very coarse nuts on top of, again, a bready consistency of what was supposed to be creamy dessert, ive tasted better brownies…
and this last version had a hint of mango but i was just too sad to even care…
lets just face it, i guess pigs are not really meant to fly…
- Our journey of gastronomic discoveries and everything in between
We are Proud to be
Get in Touch with Us Click the Link Below
- 117,591 hits
mrs lavendula on Home Cooked: Angus Burger -les… kayfishmd on Home Cooked: Angus Burger -les… Weekend Food Choices… on Weekend Food Choices Week 93:… RJ on Home Cooked: Angus Burger -les… Home Cooked: Angus B… on Home Cooked: Angus Tapa
This Month’s Stories
ODB’s Top Posts
- Dinner was an adventure -Sabich an Israeli sandwich made of pita stuffed with eggplants, tomatoes,… instagram.com/p/ZfeCqhI0w4/ 3 days ago
- ODB's Thirst Quencher of the Month pilot feature #… instagram.com/p/ZewvX0o064/ 3 days ago
- Downpour has perfect timing... getting our ramen fix -let's see what the hype's all about… instagram.com/p/ZPGXlmo0xT/ 1 week ago
- There's a new kid in town #ourdailyblog #BrgyKapitolyo #vietnamese #pho instagram.com/p/ZKjZEgo01N/ 1 week ago
- Homemade milktea with grass jelly... I think I've found my calling #ourdailyblog #barista #cocktails instagram.com/p/ZDPl2GI07E/ 2 weeks ago
- Now there must be a reason why they don't put nutritional values on these...kids don't try this at… instagram.com/p/Y9_UzsI07F/ 2 weeks ago
- Celebrating Cinco de Mayo with free margarita pourings at Achiote #Achiote #cincodemayo #tortillasoup… instagram.com/p/Y7Pnt-I0_f/ 2 weeks ago
- Summer lunch -grilled bratwurst with sauerkraut in toasted baguette washed down with ice cold… instagram.com/p/Y6qFuJo0-9/ 2 weeks ago
- To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. - La Rochefoucauld